About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Voted this week's "Most Boring Person Ever"

Sat Oct 13th
Haven’t done much today. Talked to Mom and Dad on the phone. Watched the end of Kingdom Hospital. Tried to find a place in the neighbourhood where I could run. I did find a stadium, but it was in use. So I ended up taking an hour and a half long walk. Not quite as good as a run, but still something. When I got home I watched Tristan and Isolde (so sad, but James Franco is so yummy). Hoping we’ll go into Taipei for dinner. Everyone else should be done work soon.

Sun Oct 14th
Went into Taipei with K for dinner last night at a Singapore restaurant and then we had ice cream sundays at Swenson’s. We also hit the bookstore, where I may have made a purchase. It’s so pretty, I couldn’t resist.
Today I have been absolutely lazy. I barely left my room all day. It’s really funny though, last week I was going crazy being cooped up, but this week I chose it. And I’ve actually been inside longer today. It’s totally because I knew I could leave if I wanted to but last week I was trapped, thanks to the typhoon.

Tues Oct 16th
Hmm.... Today was pretty full. The kids were good and we went to the park. I had a full class today, so it was a handful. But it’s so much fun just to get out of the school for a bit. Watched the new Grey’s at lunch. It’s sad that tv is big news to me, but this episode was really good. I also started my new book. It's hurting my head, but in a good way. So far I really like it.
All but 3 of my students were late for my adult class, so I ran out of time and had to cut a lot of activities. And a couple students were driving me crazy. It’s so weird. My kids weren’t that great today, but I didn’t lose my temper with them at all. I had unlimited patience. But in my adult class, 2 students were whispering while they were supposed to be working on something and it drove me nuts. The girl kept giggling and I finally snapped at them. It’s the first time I’ve done that with that class, and I think they were surprised. But they did finally get to work.
After work, we all went to 0204 for a drink, because one of Di’s friends from England is visiting. It was a nice little drink and chat situation, but I left early because I teach tomorrow. So now I’m just watching The War at Home before bed.

Wed. Oct 17th
Half day, thank god. Went into Junghua with Katy. We went to a store that was very much like home depot. It was awesome. We also looked at every hallowe’en display possible. I think I’m probably just going to end up being a witch or something.
When we got back, I had a nap. I haven’t been sleeping very well lately, thanks to my allergies. So what I had intended as a short little nap actually lasted 2 hours. I missed doing things with everyone else, because by the time I woke up, they were gone.
I did get my room cleaned, and ran some errands that needed doing. All in all it was a productive day, if not completely entertaining. I am currently in the process of downloading episode 4 of heroes, which will be followed by the watching of said episode and then going to bed. What an exciting life I lead.
I think there was just another earthquake. I’m sitting here typing and suddenly I’m wobbling. And so is the fan and everything else in the room. But gently. Like when you’re on a waterbed and someone sits down. The music from 0204 didn’t even pause.

Thurs Oct 18th
School today went really well on all fronts. My kids were lovin’ me up. I was getting hugs all over the place. And they’re so cute. In my adult class, one of the girls told me that she loved me and then taught me how to say "I love you" in Chinese. There were only 8 students in my adult class which makes it so much easier to teach.
I got a lot more of my new book read. It’s.... making my head "hurt so good". I still have no idea what’s going on and I’m about halfway through, now. But threads are starting to come together, so hopefully it’ll start to gain cohesion soon.
Sadly that’s all that’s going on in my life right now.

No comments: