About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Monday, August 23, 2010

International Financial fun

I'm in Batumi overnight, staying with my HD's brother. We went shopping today and I found a shirt that I quite like. When I tried to put it on my MC, the card was declined. So the girl tried again - declined. I tried to use my debit, it was also declined. Given that I'm nowhere near my limit and my account has cash in it, I have no idea why they were rejected. I'm very frustrated.
So now I'm trying to work out the issue without making an incredibly expensive long distance call. On the plus side, if there is a problem with my card, maybe once I get it worked out I'll be able to buy things online again. A girl can hope.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I hope youy get everything worked out okay.

Unknown said...

Hey Val,I am glad you are getting the local lingo down. I am sure it will make the next 8 months go much smoother. It seems like you are getting enough to eat. Yummy fish eyes!! Expanding your horizons is always a good thing. Do you get poultry there? I haven't seen that addressed yet. Maybe you can introduce them to the chicken, broccoli, pineapple pizza.