About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nov. 25 - Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed

I should’ve stayed in Mestia. Georgia is conspiring to make me crazy today. First, they’ve changed the school start time to 9:30 for winter. But no one thought I needed to know that, so I showed up before 9 as usual, only to find no other teachers there. Then, my students told me that Co-teach wasn’t coming today, because she would be in Kutaisi. It was my first day back in almost a week. I had no idea what has been covered, or what was for homework. Luckily, about 10 minutes into the first class, Co-teach walked in; she’d changed her mind about going. We got through our first two classes, with little difficulty.

On break, Co-teach tells me that starting next week, we have to teach English to gr. 10. Currently the gr 10 class is taking French, but they and their parents have decided that they want English so they wrote a letter to the ERC. Instead of waiting the month to finish the semester, they want it now, regardless of anyone else’s thoughts. They have no textbooks, nor have they ever taken English before. So Co-teach and I are expected to add 3 classes a week to our schedule and design an entirely new curriculum for them.

I got home from school and had some lunch. Then I got online. I was having a really low "I hate Georgia" day, so I spent a lot of time on the phone with my friends and then went to bed.

No comments: