About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Nov. 27 and 28 - We don't need no stinkin' GALA

Saturday I lounged. I woke up late. I ate breakfast late. And I spent most of the day reading a book. Sailor had school, because last week they cancelled Friday so the kids could help with the mandarin harvest. But she came over when she was finished, to spend the night. The Batumi crowd were all going to a promo party that didn’t even start until 10. I was just as happy to be staying home.

The entire time Sailor was here, we spent talking with English TV on in the background. We ate with the family, but she’s still new enough that HB3 is nervous around her. This worked in my favour when HM brought him up at bedtime, because he wanted me. She went to lay him on the couch, but Sailor was there, and he wouldn’t stay. It was awsome.

We ended up going to bed around 2 (which is late for both of us) but Sailor is an early bird as well, so we were both up by 8:30. We ate, and relaxed upstairs. She did some work and I read a book. We talked authors and e-books for a bit; since she’s coming back, she’s thinking about getting an e-reader.

The power went out, as usual, so when Sailor left to go home, I went with her, for a bit of a walk. I walked her most of the way down the mountain, until her turn off, and then headed back. Still no power, but the entire family was here, so I hung out with them.

The extended family had gone and the power came back around 8. And I came right back upstairs for my nightly dose of English TV. I was talking to Boston on the phone when Bebia brought HB3 in. He played on the couch and she alternately watched him and me, while I tried to have a conversation. When I hung up with Boston, she left the room, only to return with some clothes. Apparently it was show and tell time, and the clothes had been brought back from Italy for her, by her son. I made the appropriate noises, and then HB3 wanted to show me what he’d gotten, so we went and found it. Again, I made the appropriate noises, before leaving the two of them in Bebia’s room and going back to my TV. I watched my shows and went to bed.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What about the GALA.

Val said...

TLG told us the week before this that there would be a GALA event in T'bilisi for all of the volunteers. Then they cancelled it. This is what we did instead.