About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nov. 26 - Friday Randomness

Today was marginally better. Once I’d calmed down a little, I realized that not everything is terrible. My classes today were surprisingly good. Even gr 9 did their work and weren’t too noisy.

I went to Batumi after school, for a follow up doctor’s appointment and dinner. The clinic in Batumi is much less creepy than the one in Mestia, though with more people around, the service wasn’t as quick, or as personal. My symptoms had been better with the anti-biotics, in Mestia, but got worse again when I got back to Adjara. The doctor listened to my chest, and looked at my throat. She perscribed cough syrup and some pills (not sure what for). She also recommended warm fluids, like tea with lemon.

I got my scrip filled and stocked up on supplies. I was just finishing up in the store, when Sailor called me. She’d gotten kicked out of the library (for typing too loud?) and wanted to meet up. We had about a half hour before dinner, so we arranged a place and met up. She is also getting fed up with the program and was not pleased to have school scheduled for Saturday. We chatted and wandered until we got to the restaurant and waited for the others. A bunch of people came for dinner and it was nice to see everyone. I feel like I’m a little out of the Batumi loop, though. They were all making plans for Saturday night party, which neither Sailor or I could attend, since we live in villages and hadn’t arranged for a place to stay. It was cool, though, because once plans had been made, we all shared our personal tlg issues and everyone listened and sympathized.

I got home to find the (outside) cat curled up on my bed and my socks and underwear missing from the drying rack. It was weird. The cat started meowing as soon as he saw me. He wanted attention. So I picked him up and carried him outside, where I spent a couple of minutes giving him the love.

Then I went to move my clothes from the line to the drying rack. Someone had already taken my clothes from the line (for which I was thankful, because it was raining), but my socks and underwear that had been on the drying rack were missing. I imagine that whoever gathered the families’ things, grabbed mine by mistake, but I don’t know where they are.

I socialized with the family for a bit, before going to my room. I read for a while, but being sick and angry takes a lot out of me, so I went to sleep early.

No comments: