About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oct. 19 - Nose in a book, as per usual

Not a whole lot going on these last couple of days. On Sunday night I started reading the Three Musketeers and I couldn’t put it down. This week has basically been school (where I read on my breaks) and then home (where I read until bedtime). I finished it tonight and I’ve gotta admit, I wasn’t impressed with the ending. I mean, it was ok, but in my head some things happened differently.

Also on Sunday night, a neighbour and cousin got into a car accident. He’s in pretty rough shape and everyone’s worried. I’ve never met the guy, so I don’t feel it as intensely as everyone else does. Also, he was driving drunk and the accident was his own fault, so my sympathy is tempered by that.

I haven’t been feeling that great the last few days. I don’t know if it’s my sinuses, the atmospheric pressure or something unknown, but I’ve been having dizzy spells. Which means I’ve also been feeling nauseous and haven’t wanted to eat much. Of course try explaining this to women who solve all problems with food and across a language barrier.

Last night, I didn’t want to have the discussion, so I let HM feed me fish (whole, battered and bbq’d) and eggplant (served the way I don’t like). Luckily, there was bread to cut the taste and they’re used to me only eating a little. Much as I hate to admit it, the protein probably did me some good.

Tonight, I had cereal with milk. The milk was just warm enough to soften the chocolate chunks in my muesli, so it was perfect. After I ate, I came back upstairs to watch the season premier of Gossip Girl and finish Musketeers. Then it was bed time.

No comments: