About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oct. 20 - My life on the G-list

School happened. Kids were the same. There was a staff meeting announced about 20 minutes before it happened (typically Georgian) on the break between 2nd and 3rd periods. Since all of the teachers were at this meeting, the kids got a half an hour break at that time. So bizzare.

After school I came home, to find that the cleaning lady was here. I wish they would tell me when she was coming, so that I could clear off the floor, dresser and bedside tables. Instead, I spent the afternoon, trying to figure out where they’d put my things when they moved them. Still, the inconvenience is worth not having to do my own dusting.

We’ve also had glorious weather all week and today was no exception. It was actually warm enough that I thought about going for a swim. I got my suit on and made it to the pool, but the water has cooled significantly and I didn’t do more than sit on the edge with my legs in the water. Then I lounged on a chaise and got some sun. I’m trying to store up all the vitamin D that I can get with the approaching winter.

HM’s mother was visiting, so I had dinner with her, HM and Bebia. After dinner, HB1 came upstairs to practice speaking English. Then HM followed him, so we had a combined, hour long lesson. Normally I wouldn’t care, except that the hour they were here happened to be the hour that Veronica was on tv.

As I’m sitting here watching CSI: New York, a huge wind storm is blowing in. It sounded like rain, but when I looked it was just the wind blowing the leaves off of the treas. It truly is fall.

No comments: