About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oct. 24 - My life as a sloth

Today, Boston and I both slept in. We had no plans and nowhere to be and it was phenomenal. When we finally made it downstairs we found pancakes for breakfast. So with tea and fig jam and honey we enjoyed our meal. We topped the whole thing off by splitting a pomegranate. They are so good.

We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon lounging in the upstairs tv room. Finally, Boston figured that she’d better head back to Batumi. After a late lunch, she caught the bus and made it home safely.

For my part, I retreated upstairs with my Kobo. I also had a little nap. By the evening, I was on my computer in the tv room. Imagine my surprise (not) and my annoyance (much) when Bebia walked in and told me to put it on Adjara TV (one of the local stations). I did and the Georgian news was on. Interestingly enough, they showed something from Haiti and something else from West Palm Beach.

I left Bebia watching the news and went downstairs for tea. While I was there, HD had a Russian station on. They were interviewing a bunch of teens. I’m not sure what it was about, but one of the kids said, "English are sexy." He coulda meant the people or the language, but either way, it made me giggle. Back upstairs, Bebia had dozed off watching tv, so I waited a few minutes and then turned it back to my station (and the show I actually wanted to watch). About 20 minutes later she woke up and went to her bedroom (ostensibly to sleep).

I finished my show and then went to bed myself.

No comments: