About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nov. 15 - Bizarre or just Georgian?

At breakfast today, HM came in carrying HB3. She told me that he broke his leg yesterday. I think. He had a huge bandage on, but I couldn’t tell if there was a cast underneath or not. Medicine here is a little strange. Either way, he didn’t seem to be too fussy and enjoyed his caviar and butter on bread for breakfast (he had the same thing for dinner).

School was the same as always. On Monday I don’t have gr. 9 or 6, so it usually goes the smoothest. In my gr. 12 class, only 4 boys showed up and they hadn’t done the homework (surprise, surprise). I think I might actually die of shock if someone in that class did the homework, but I keep assigning it anyway, just in case.

After school, I came home to find my host dad with a chain saw. At first he was just attacking the tree stump across the street. He didn’t do anything major to it, just shaved off a few pieces from where there used to be branches. Next thing I know, HM wants my camera because HD has the chainsaw in the top of a tree (he was there with it). I spent the majority of the afternoon reading on the pooldeck and watching him dismember this huge tree, piece by piece.

I also tried to do some interneting, but the connection was slower than molasses and the power was out. So when my battery died, after 50 minutes, I headed outside to where there was light. I’m reading some Edgar Allan Poe and I can’t say I’m loving it. There is a lot of superfluous crap in his stories and we all know I like to stick to the plot. I’m alternating the Poe with some Irish legends. I’m enjoying those much more.

After dinner, I was watching English tv when HM came up with HB3. Apparently he wanted to hang out with me and wouldn’t settle to sleep. I was surprised that he’d done that with her; until now it had only been with Bebia. Usually he wants nothing to do with me if his mom’s around. But anyway, she laid him on the couch and then left. Unnatural History seems to be the best way to get the kid to drift off. Once he’d been asleep for a bit, I got HM and she transported him to bed. I finished my show and headed to bed myself.

No comments: