About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nov. 7 - Real life is weirder than movies

Lounging is one of the best things in the world. Sailor had to make a phone call home around 5:30am and rather than wiggle back into bed, she slept on the couch outside. When I woke up, I sent her back into the bedroom and she and Boston slept for a couple more hours.

Once the girls were mobile, we had breakfast and then returned to lounging. We watched Finding Nemo and Men in Tights. Both awsome!! While we were watching the movies, Bebia kept coming through the room for various reasons. The first time, she was in her underwear, because her robe was on the balcony. Another time, she needed the couch to sit on to put on her tights. And the last time, she needed help putting her boots on, so guess who got to do that. That’s right. It was me.

Just as the second movie finished, HB1 came up to tell us to go play tennis. I thought he was inviting us to play tennis with HD, but no. HD thought we needed some fresh air after being holed up in the room all day, so he just wanted us to go play.
Instead, Sailor and I went for a walk through the orchard while Boston showered and dressed. The mandarins are finally ripe, so we ate a few right off of the trees. It was fantastic. HD was ready for a game of tennis by the time we returned, and we had just started playing when Boston appeared. While I played tennis with HD, Sailor took Boston through the orchard. I quit fairly quickly and joined the girls for lunch.

After lunch it was time for the girls to go. We packed up their things and headed out to the side of the road. Both HM and Bebia were at a funeral, and HD was watching tv, so we tried to flag down a car by ourselves. The first problem was that it was 4:15 on a Sunday afternoon. No one was going to town. Then a car did pass us, but it was full. Another car passed, just as HM got back, but it wouldn’t stop for me. The bus also wouldn’t stop, though it wasn’t full (I still don’t know why). Finally, after 45 minutes a car finally stopped and the girls were on their way.

I retreated to my room and did a little reading, a little writing and took a shower. When I was watching my English tv (at 10pm) Bebia came up with HB3. I guess she was trying to get him to sleep, and he was fussing because he wanted to be with me. So I took him from Bebia and he snuggled right into my lap. Then he laid down on the couch and watched Unnatural History with me, while Bebia went into her room to watch really loud Georgian tv. He fell asleep quickly and when Bebia was ready to go to bed, I carried him into her room. It was so cute. After some more tv I went to bed myself.

No comments: