About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nov. 19 - Beanboats and Shadow Puppets

Last day of school before Mestia. We have 4 classes on Friday, but since gr 12 is very unpredictable and I had to prepare for Mestia, Co-teach let me leave right after gr 7. I came home and finished packing then ate some lunch and headed into Batumi.

I got there really early (due to leaving school early) and so I ran some errands, ending up at the library. After returning my books and using the internet for a while, I met Boston and we headed to Goodwill. While there, we stocked up on breakfast and roadtrip food for the morning. Since it was still early, we wandered up the coast and sat of a bench overlooking the port. When Joker finished at the Sheraton, he joined us and we all had beanboats for dinner.

After dinner, Boston and I headed back to her place. After a sketchy walk through some not great streets, we arrived at her building, only to realize that the power was out. I met her family and did not join them for dinner (in spite of pressure from them to do so) since we had just finished eating.

We escaped the awkwardness and hid out in Boston’s room, where she packed by flashlight. When Boston was done packing, we used the flashlight to make shadow puppets on the wall. We’re not bery good, but it was incredibly entertaining. Knowing that we had to be up at 5:30 to catch our marshrutka, we called it a night and were in bed by 10.

No comments: