About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sept. 20 - Monday, Monday

My classes at school today were pretty much the same as any other day. But some things that happened between classes were very typically Georgian. First, during our break, we were sitting in the cafeteria. Three girls came in, while they were supposed to be in P.E. and bought candy, to consume during the remained of their class. Next, we wandered outside to get some fresh air, and happened through a different P.E. class. At first the children were just running all over the place and climbing the soccer nets/basketball hoop poles. Then the teacher lined them all up and brought out a basketball. I was expecting them to play basketball, but nope. The game of the day was dodgeball. It got even more interesting when the 12th grade class decided to play, too.

While this class was happening, the teacher who was supposed to be teaching it, chatted with me and Keti. She invite me to go to Batumi with them. I said sure and then she suggested a trip to Turkey some time. Since I’ve been wanting to go to Turkey, I was all for it, but I had to explain about a Visa. Keti didn’t quite get it, but I explained again, so they’ve decided that we can go in October after we all get paid.

After school, the neighbour across the street, who is one of my students, asked me to help him prepare for his private English lesson that evening. I said sure and he came over with his books. The very first question was an ‘arrange the words to make a sentence’ question and he was stumped. He showed me the word that had stumped him and I laughed. I couldn’t help it, because the word was Val. I explained that it was my name and then he laughed as hard as I did.

On T.V. tonight was Veronica Mars. I almost died of happiness, especially when they started at Season 1, episode 1. I read some more Stephen King and has bizzare dreams all night. I’ve decided no more Stephen King before bed.

No comments: