About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sept. 28 - Catching Cold

I woke up this morning still tired. I’m pretty sure I’m fighting a virus. Benadryl is no longer effective for my sniffles. One thing that happens when I’m feeling like this, is that I slow down a lot. I tried to do a quick blog update, and before I knew it, it was 8:25. I was still in my pj’s and hadn’t eaten breakfast.

I flew downstairs and found HM, Nanny and HB3 in the kitchen. I prepared my muesli and yogurt and sat down to eat. While I was eating, HM gave me a heart shaped jewelry box. She told me that it’s for my birthday. Inside was a really cute pair of earrings. They’re small silver hoops with a little silver ball attached. I really like them, so I took time to put them on before leaving for school.

At school, my first 2 classes whent really well, though the grade 6's were really energetic and wouldn’t settle. They keep wanting to do the punishments that I’ve decided on for when homework isn’t done. And when I kept them past the bell, they were like, "that’s ok, we want to stay." I’m glad that they like English so much, but it’s exhausting.

I told Co-teach that I’m not feeling well, so of course she told everyone. The cafeteria lady told me to drink tea with honey and lemon (this is the first Georgian health advice I’ve heard that makes sense). Co-teach just told me that I can’t get sick, because she doesn’t want to teach alone. And the school director said (in Georgian), "Oh my girl, she can’t be sick." This was after feeling my arm to see if it was cold (because if your body is cold, it means you have a cold) and touching my cheek (I assume she was checking for fever, but who knows).

My two afternoon classes went reasonably well. The ringleaders in 9 weren’t there, so that class was productive. And the grade 8's wouldn’t stop talking, but it’s because they were enthusiastic about the task. I still spoke sharply to them, though because being sick shortens my temper. Who knew?

No comments: