About Me

I'm the thing that's not like the others.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sept. 9

Yesterday was a gross, rainy day. I trudged up the mountain to school, because we were supposed to go to school with the director, but after 2 hours of waiting, she told us that we weren’t going. So I trudged home in the rain and read a book.

Today, K and I managed to successfully complete the Batumi mission. Of course, being Georgia, it didn’t work out quite the way I’d expected. First, A happened to also be on her way to Batumi, so she met up with us before we got under way. Then, K wanted a haircut. I figured we’d do school stuff first and then other stuff. Nope. Haircut first, where the power went out while K was mid blow dry. It eventually came back and we made it to the school supplies store.

Surprise number two, the store actually had posters. There were a few good ones, but most were about bizzare, obscure grammatical points. And they didn’t have an alphabet. But partial success is better than no success. Since everything was being paid for by the school, we weren’t allowed to take it with us. The school has to pay first.

By the time we finished at the supply store, it was 2pm and we were hungry. W was already at the cafĂ© with K (Mississippi), so we headed in that direction for lunch. I had a salad. Not a Georgian salad, but actual leafy greens. It was delicious. As was the black forest cake I had for dessert. While we ate, D (older lady) and A (Poland) were passing by and D told us about a store around the corner where she’d found Peanut Butter (those are intentional capitals). K and I decided to head back, while the others went on a peanut butter mission.

My whole point of coming home early was to break the news to HM about my weekend trip to Borjomi, but she wasn’t here. She and HD are with HB1 and Bebia in Batumi. I also needed to hang my laundry to dry, so that I have clean clothes to pack for the trip.

2 comments:

Jade said...

I am at work so I can't facebook you but I wanted to ask if you know when youi are coming home..And hopefully you don't have plans for newyears! Cause I'm all over it! X

Unknown said...

"my weekend trip to Borjomi". I don't remember about reading about this. Did I miss something? When do you actually start teaching? Enquiring minds want to know...Love Aunt Sue